What is BTA/BOLT, Inc.?
What does BTA/BOLT do?
What your support enables us to do
The Boxford Trails Association/Boxford Open Land Trust is a volunteer private, nonprofit, organization dedicated to preserving and protecting natural and aesthetically important land and wildlife habitat, including fields, forests, wetlands, and trails to preserve the nature of Boxford.
BTA/BOLT board members and volunteers monitor many land parcels and maintain the extensive Boxford trail system. Tax deductible contributions and member dues support BTA/BOLT, Inc.
Founded in 1978, BTA (Boxford Trails Association) preserved and maintained trails for passive recreation. In 1998, we changed our name to BTA/BOLT, Inc. (Boxford Trails Association/Boxford Open Land Trust). In 2005, BTA/BOLT was among the first 39 land trusts to be accredited by the Land Trust Alliance (LTA).
Current Board Members
Natasha Grigg - President
Angela Steadman - VP, Administration, Acquisitions
Nancy Merrill - VP, Trails
Nancy Walker - Secretary
Dave Ingalls - Treasurer
Members at Large:
Alison Chase Jeff Hixon Richard Tomczyk
Steve Davis Bev Ingalls Barbara Shade
Chris Delaney Bonnie Lucas Cathy Wallace
Judy Gore Dennis Pyburn Priscilla Welch
BTA/BOLT, Inc., preserves trails and protects open space to permanently protect land, wildlife habitat, and trails by purchase, gift, easement, or conservation restriction (CR).
We work with:
• Local landowners
• Boxford town officials and boards
• Other land protection and conservation groups
• State and federal government agencies
We maintain trails and open space
• Maintain and monitor all town trails
• Clear new trails in a “natural” way
• Manage, monitor, and steward our land to preserve and enhance its ecological and conservation value
• Maintain Bay Circuit Trails through Boxford
We sponsor educational activities, hikes, nature presentations, and publications
• Weekly hikes to explore local trails, reservations, and other trails throughout Essex County
• Annual Horse Show
• Equestrian Trail Rides
• Nature and family hikes guided by wildlife experts
• Wildlife and conservation lectures
• BTA/BOLT, Inc. Newsletter The Acorn
• Guide Books to trails and walks in Boxford
• Boxford Trail Map
• BTA/BOLT youth activities
Your generous support enables us to preserve Boxford’s special places by helping to pay for:
• Trail construction, maintenance and stewardship of trails and lands
• Publications, newsletter, and Trail Guides
• Educational and nature programs
• Land acquisitions and Conservation Restrictions
• Operational expenses (insurance, office costs, and printing)
• Professional fees (legal, engineering, accounting and appraisal costs)
BTA/BOLT is a member of the: