What is BTA/BOLT, Inc.?
What does BTA/BOLT do?
What your support enables us to do
The Boxford Trails Association/Boxford Open Land Trust is a volunteer private, nonprofit, organization dedicated to preserving and protecting natural and aesthetically important land and wildlife habitat, including fields, forests, wetlands, and trails to preserve the nature of Boxford.
BTA/BOLT board members and volunteers monitor many land parcels and maintain the extensive Boxford trail system. Tax deductible contributions and member dues support BTA/BOLT, Inc.
Founded in 1978, BTA (Boxford Trails Association) preserved and maintained trails for passive recreation. In 1998, we changed our name to BTA/BOLT, Inc. (Boxford Trails Association/Boxford Open Land Trust). In 2005, BTA/BOLT was among the first 39 land trusts to be accredited by the Land Trust Alliance (LTA).
Current Board Members
Natasha Grigg - President
Jessica Grigg - VP
Jessica Grigg- Secretary
Dave Ingalls - Treasurer
Members at Large:
Jennie Bridge Judy Gore Dennis Pyburn
Alison Chase Jeff Hixon Angela Steadman
Steve Davis Bev Ingalls Richard Tomczyk
Chris Delaney Bonnie Lucas Cathy Wallace
Bruce Eaton Nancy Merrill Priscilla Welch
BTA/BOLT, Inc., preserves trails and protects open space to permanently protect land, wildlife habitat, and trails by purchase, gift, easement, or conservation restriction (CR).
We work with:
• Local landowners
• Boxford town officials and boards
• Other land protection and conservation groups
• State and federal government agencies
We maintain trails and open space
• Maintain and monitor all town trails
• Clear new trails in a “natural” way
• Manage, monitor, and steward our land to preserve and enhance its ecological and conservation value
• Maintain Bay Circuit Trails through Boxford
We sponsor educational activities, hikes, nature presentations, and publications
• Weekly hikes to explore local trails, reservations, and other trails throughout Essex County
• Annual Horse Show
• Equestrian Trail Rides
• Nature and family hikes guided by wildlife experts
• Wildlife and conservation lectures
• BTA/BOLT, Inc. Newsletter The Acorn
• Guide Books to trails and walks in Boxford
• Boxford Trail Map
• BTA/BOLT youth activities
Your generous support enables us to preserve Boxford’s special places by helping to pay for:
• Trail construction, maintenance and stewardship of trails and lands
• Publications, newsletter, and Trail Guides
• Educational and nature programs
• Land acquisitions and Conservation Restrictions
• Operational expenses (insurance, office costs, and printing)
• Professional fees (legal, engineering, accounting and appraisal costs)
BTA/BOLT is a member of the: