Steve’s Tuesday Hikes
Meet at trailhead at 9:15 AM.
Call a friend to carpool.
Hikes last 1.5 to 2 hours. If snow is on the ground bring cross country skis or snow shoes. Heavy rain or snow cancels.
Bring water or snacks if desired and wear comfortable hiking shoes.
Call Steve if uncertain about directions at 978-352-2250 or email@example.com.
* September 3. High Ridge Rd. trail. Look for sign on right shortly after coming in from Herrick Rd. in east Boxford.
* 10. Lockwood trail. Across from parking lot and steel gate on Middleton Rd.
17. Sharpners Pond part 1. Route 114 in North Andover to Sharpners Pond Rd. and then go east to dead end OR Lawrence Rd. in Boxford onto Brookview which becomes Lacey St. in North Andover. Then left on Forest St. to end and parking lot.
*24. Winding Oaks trail. Main St. East Boxford to Towne Rd. to Winding Oaks Way-#30.
* October 1. Coolidge trail. Topsfield Rd. East Boxford to right on Cahoon Rd then turn right again and immediately park.
*8. Topsfield Rail Trail. Park across from post office in Topsfield center.
15. Sharpners Pond part 2. See directions above.
*22. Groveland Conservation area. Washington St. past Ingaldsby Farm into Groveland and then right on Uptack Rd.and park in lot on left.
29. Wunnegen part 1. Parking lot on Crooked Pond Rd. which is off Moonpenny Drive which is off Middleton Rd. in East Boxford.
November 5. Wunnegen part 2. See directions above.
*12. Mazurenko conservation area. Route 133 west Boxford into N. Andover. Turn right by Brooks School onto Bradford St. and park in lot on left.
19. Wunnegen part 3. See directions above.
*26. Boxford Commons Enter Capt. Cashin Way off Middleton Rd. just beyond the east fire station and proceed beyond 2 playing fields to the second parking lot.
December 3. Ward Reservation. Route 125 into Andover, turn left on Prospect St., go to end and parking lot.
10. Berry Patch trail. Main St. in East Boxford onto Berry Patch Lane and go to end.
17. Harold Parker State Forest. Route 125 into Andover, south at police station onto Harold Parker Rd.and park at first large lot on left (skip the small one).
24. no hike
31. no hike
*Steve will be away these dates