Steve’s Tuesday Hikes
Meet at trailhead at 9:15 AM.
Call a friend to carpool.
Hikes last 1.5 to 2 hours. If snow is on the ground bring cross country skis or snow shoes. Heavy rain or snow cancels.
Bring water or snacks if desired and wear comfortable hiking shoes.
Call Steve if uncertain about directions at 978-352-2250 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 2. Georgetown Rowley State Forest. Route 97 in Georgetown to Pingree Farm Rd. which you follow to end.
*9. Boxford State Forest. South on Middleton Rd. in east Boxford and past Cole School to first forest trail (on Right) with yellow plastic covered wire.
16. Greenbelt property in Rowley on route 133 heading east and just beyond route 95 intersection. Look for sign on left.
23. Anvil Farm. Main St. in west Boxford and park at junction of Silvermine Rd.
30. Phillips Andover Acad. Bird sanctuary. Turn off route 28 at Andover Inn and go to end of road.
May 7. Maudsley State Park. Route 95 north to 113, go west and then 4th right on Gypsy/Hoyt Lane to end and parking lot. Requires parking fee or state senior pass.
*14. Shaven Crown Hill. Park at arrow on west side of Highland Rd. which is off Ipswich Rd. in west Boxford.
21. Skug River trail. Route 125 to Salem St. Andover, go south on Salem St. to parking lot on right (Bay Circuit trail).
28. Sharpner’s Pond. part 1. Route 114 in N. Andover to Sharpner’s Pond Rd. and then go to dead end OR Lawrence Rd. (Boxford) onto Brookview which becomes Lacey St. in N. Andover, then left on Forest St. to end and parking lot.
June 4. Sharpner’s pond part 2. See directions above.
*11. Plum Island Across causeway and along ocean in Newburyport, right into sanctuary go to hellgate parking lot where asphalt ends. Passage requires small admission car fee or federal senior pass.
18. Potters Farm. Same directions as Anvil Farm above.
We resume the day after labor day.
*Steve will be away these dates