42°39'51.7"N 71°00'05.7"W

42°39'51.7"N 71°00'05.7"W

Boxford Common

This land, part of one of the original 6 land grants in Boxford in 1699, is located at 19 Middleton Rd, entrance gate on Middleton Rd, .15 miles west of Elm Street (Google Maps).  The 75.5 acres were purchased from the Haynes family in 2007 for several CPA purposes: 12 acres for ball fields, 57 acres for the conservation of wetlands, forest and endangered species habitat along with trails for passive recreation. The remaining acres are set aside for Community Housing.